Steering Committee Nominations Now Open!
The AusSeabed Steering Committee oversees the strategic direction of the program. The committee consists of an equal and fair representation of the different sectors that make up the collaborator base of the program. Terms on the committee last two years and are staggered so that half of the committee refreshes each year to ensure continuity. The AusSeabed Steering Committee Terms of Reference and Election Standard of Procedures can be accessed here.
Five positions are up for re-election this year and nominations have now opened for:
- One academic (previously James Cook University)
- Two State Government (previously Victoria and New South Wales)
- One industry (previously Guardian Geomatics)
- One Federal Government Position (previously Australian Antarctic Division)
Organisations that are interested in putting forward for general membership on the Committee must be able to commit the support required for their nominee to attend and participate in the annual Steering Committee meeting, complete duties that may arise from that meeting (such as engage with other partners from their sector, etc.), and attend the annual workshop and annual general meeting. Nominating organisations, if successful, are required to cover the costs associated with their representative attending and participating in these events.
Please note that current members are eligible to renominate for continued service.
To apply, please email the following information to AusSeabed@ga.gov.au by close of business (5pm) on 25th May:
- The name of your organisation
- The number of AusSeabed meetings/workshops your organisation has attended
- The name of the representative from your organisation who would sit on the committee
- Whether your organisation has agreed to support your participation in the Steering Committee (flights to meetings, accommodation, etc.)
- 75 words or fewer on why your organisation should help lead AusSeabed on the Steering Committee
The timeline for the rest of the renewal process will be as follows:
- Nominations close: Monday 25th May
- Immediate appointments & voting for contested positions opens: Monday 1st June
- Voting closes: Monday 15th June
- Appointment: Monday 22nd June
If you have any questions, please email AusSeabed@ga.gov.au.