Australian Multibeam Guidelines
In July 2018, the first version of the Australian Multibeam Guidelines were published. The document represents a year-long collaborative effort from Commonwealth, State, and Territory Government agencies, universities and industry to develop a technical reference that would represent all user needs and facilitate future collaboration and data sharing.
The National Environmental Science Program (NESP) Field Manuals
In 2017, the National Environmental Science Program (NESP) produced a set of field manuals to provide national standards for data acquisition as related to marine monitoring in Australian waters. These manuals cover a number of key marine survey techniques including:
- Chapter 2 - Survey Design
- Chapter 3 - Multibeam Echosounder (MBES)
- Chapter 4 - Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV)
- Chapter 5 - Benthic Baited Remote Underwater Video (BRUV)
- Chapter 6 - Pelagic Baited Remote Underwater Video (BRUV)
- Chapter 7 - Towed Imagery
- Chapter 8 - Sleds & Trawls
- Chapter 9 - Grabs & Boxcorers
Contributors and editors have worked to ensure consistency between the Australian Multibeam Guidelines and the NESP multibeam field manual, noting that the Australian Multibeam Guidelines will be a more comprehensive and technical version of the NESP guidelines, with an expanded focus beyond marine monitoring.