Steering Committee Election Results
On behalf of the community, we would like to extend our thanks and appreciation to the outgoing representatives who have made considerable contributions to the efficacy of this program:
- Academic: James Cook University (Dr. Robin Beaman) and the University of Tasmania (Dr. Neville Barrett)
- Industry: Guardian Geomatics (Paul Kennedy)
- Commonwealth Government: Australian Antarctic Division (Johnathan Kool)
The following organisations are the incumbent 2020 AusSeabed Steering Committee general representatives:
- Academic: Curtin University (Dr. Iain Parnum)
- State Government: the South Australian Research and Development Institute and New South Wales Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (Dr. Gretchen Grammer and Dr. Tim Ingleton)
- Industry: IIC Technologies Australasia (David Crossman)
- Commonwealth Government: The Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment (Evan Hallein)
We are also welcoming Mary Young who will replace Daniel Ierodiaconou as the Deakin University representative. Many thanks to Daniel for his contribution to the committee over the last year and a half.
Internal positions for the Steering Committee – Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary – were voted upon during meeting #6. Kim Picard (Geoscience Australia) has accepted another year as Chair, Dr. Tara Martin (CSIRO Marine National Facility) will be stepping up as Vice-Chair and secretary will remain with the Chair organisation for another year.
Program Theme leader positions were also discussed, resulting in:
- Data Hub remaining with Geoscience Australia,
- Education, Outreach and Training remaining with Ralph Talbot-Smith (WA Department of Transport), and
- Nigel Townsend (Australian Hydrographic Office) proposing to lead the Tools, Guidelines and Standards.