Steering Committee Nominations open!
Nominations are now open for general membership representatives and an early career ocean professional (ECOP) on the AusSeabed Steering Committee (SC). The general memberships open for nominations this year are:
- one academic position
- two industry positions
- one federal Government position
- two state government positions.
- one early career research professional position.
General membership on the Steering Committee will be held for a maximum period of three years with the exception of the ECOP, which is an 18-month term.
Nominations for general membership on the Steering Committee are open to all interested parties. Organisations that are interested in putting forward for general membership on the Committee should be able to:
- commit the support required for their nominee to attend and participate in Steering Committee meetings
- complete duties that may arise from these meetings (such as engage with other partners from their sector and contribute to activities etc.)
- attend the annual general workshop and annual general meeting.
Nominations for the ECOP are open to individuals currently engaged in an AusSeabed related field (at school or employed) within an Australian organisation. To be eligible, an accurate must be currently undertaking study or have <5 years since graduating from a relevant degree. It is desirable that the candidate has some experience in seabed mapping and organisation support for participation.
To apply for one of the general membership positions please complete and return the AusSeabed General Membership Nomination [DOCX 93.5 KB] form to AusSeabed@ga.gov.au by close of business (5 pm) on May 24 2023.
Please note that, if contested, the ECOP position will be determined by an internal Steering Committee vote.
The rest of the renewal process will be as follows:
- 24th May – Nominations Close
- 31st May — Voting opens for contested general steering committee positions (unopposed positions are immediately appointed)
- 14th June — Voting closes
- 21st June — Appointment of Steering Committee members and announcements.